NWR the Cycling Thread

Look Keith: some French people whistled Froome on the start line (and are noisier than people applauding and I disapprove), the applause won it hands down when he arrived and when he got the yellow jersey (and I approve)... so, not quite football supporters.
Froome is more popular in France than he ever was, thanks in part to his learning and speaking French of course but also for his talent, initiatives, etc... and because he also makes good analysis:
On French TV, 5 minutes ago, he actually said "there was a Frenchman lying 2nd this morning so I was not surprised" and added he noted he was much more popular than before and appreciated the support he received this year (obviously, he is good politician, but there is ground for his remarks).
His analysis of the Tour was also excellent. I summarise in my words:
"when we saw the lay out of the Tour, we knew it would be very close with few opportunities to make a difference, so we had to run it on 3 weeks and make our best on the TTs and winning a stage was never a priority."
He was proven right and was only once in danger in this Tour.

Goodness, is it that time already, seems like the TdF has only just finished! I'll have another go though...must try and find 9 riders who don't fall off or get disqualified!

Race season kicks off in a month for us. Been training quite hard and finally hitting the power I felt six months back. Though I go up to the 40s category this year and the field gets harder not easier!

Arrived at a Eurocamp site near Beziers yesterday and on checking the outcome of the TTT yesterday stumbled across the route for today's stage...

Passes 200m from our site. Be rude not to go and watch so will be heading out in a wee while. Unlike at Ripon in 2014 won't be at the side of the road for hours but amazed at how little fuss there has been. No signs indicating road closures or anything. Have planned a vantage point above the route in a bridge and hoping for some echelon action to have played havoc. The road in question is single lane each way with waist high concrete divider so they'll need to be paying attention...

Great TT by Froome today. He really is a great rider , and surely must be knighted ,assuming we all agree he is `British :)
The Tour of Britain though is such a bore. Who came up with a course that virtually ensures every stage will be won by a sprinter !!

If he doesn't win SPotY questions will be asked in the House. Well, this house, anyway.
The racing in the Vuelta (& Giro) better than Le Tour, this year, with potentially the best yet to come.

Great TT by Froome today. He really is a great rider , and surely must be knighted ,assuming we all agree he is `British :)
The Tour of Britain though is such a bore. Who came up with a course that virtually ensures every stage will be won by a sprinter !!
He is at least Commonwealth... so I assume this qualifies as he is a subject of Her Majesty.

There is no reason why the Tour should be better than the Giro or the Vuelta. What makes the Tour special is that it takes place in July and is the most popular race with millions of spectators and hundred of millions telespectators.
Ref suspense, the Giro was the best while, Britishwise, obviously the Tour and the Vuelta are the bests...