bordeaux

1. Stas Medvedev

TN Reignac 2009

Mixed impression of this Bordeaux Superieur which is often praised to overachieve its status. Opaque dark colour. Looks unfiltered. Evident wood. Chocolate. Dark fruit, mostly blackberry. Fruit is overripe and sweet, feels cooked. With time in glass reveals more vegetable tones, with touch of...
  2. Stas Medvedev

TN 1975 Ducru-Beaucaillou⁣

This is my 3rd and the last bottle over the past year. It definitely sits at its plateau now and fully awake. Difficult to say when the drinking window will close down. ⁣ ⁣ Lots of energy and precision. Cabernet Sauvignon dominant. Perfumed black currant jam with leaves. Complex tertiary aromas...
  3. Stas Medvedev

The Best Wines of the Left Bank of Bordeaux

Dear all, First of all I would like to thank those of you who responded to my recent thread where I was asking for your personal Top10 Left Bank Bordeaux. That was a very valuable input. I would like to share with you the outcome of my little study on Bordeaux. Please find the link below. I...
  4. Stas Medvedev

Your personal Top10 Bordeaux Left Bank

Dear all, What is your personal favourite Top10 Bordeaux Left bank in the descending order? I would very much appreciate for all your answers.
  5. Stas Medvedev

TN Super vintages of superseconds

SUPER VINTAGES OF SUPERSECONDS - Riga, Latvia (13.10.2018.) Very straightforward idea for the wine tasting with 3 simple but mandatory criteria: 1️⃣ Selection of the most praised Chateaus which quite often perform on par with First Growth magic 5. 2️⃣ Handpicked the best vintages for each...
  6. J

Ideas for a long weekend in Bordeaux

Hi, My wife and I are going on a first visit to Bordeaux for a long weekend (four days) at the end of the month. We'll be staying in the centre of the city and are not bringing a car. I've loved the wines for years but never been, and would look to return more in the future by car and visit...
  7. Alan Martin

How many bottles constitute a "cellar"?

Dear Forum Members, I have been collecting wine for a few years now and wondered what people's opinion was on how many bottles you need to own to consider yourself as having a "cellar". Over the years I have built stocks in reserve heading for 700 bottles, mainly Bordeaux, Rhone, Southern...
  8. David Crossley

Grand Cercle Primeurs in London

Anyone else go to the 2016 Primeurs Tasting at the Méridien Piccadilly Hotel last week? I didn't see anyone, and a friendly face would have been nice. Lots of famous people there, but they can be a grumpy lot (one gave me a look I interpreted as abject distaste when I slightly moved her (sic)...
  9. P

TN Some impressions on Bdx14: tasting in NYC

Below, a few notes from my tasting of Bordeaux 2014 from bottle, as the UGCB toured NYC this month. As I explain in my blog, the vintage is underrated in many ways - somewhat unjustly in the shadow of 2015 (especially when it comes to the northern Médoc), and it offers excellent (relatively...
  10. John Simson

Bordeaux TWS reccos

Turning to the WP hive-mind once again... My aunt and uncle are coming to visit from Germany in a couple of weeks. They are big Bordeaux drinkers; I am not. I went to my cellar but the cellar was bare! Need to buy in a couple of bottles then, and will probably turn to TWS for convenience. I...
  11. Hamish Wakes-Miller

Bordeaux Primeur Tastings...Changes

It looks like Olivier Bernard is trying to manage the Union de Grands Crus tastings slightly better in early April this year. The first two days tastings are solely for the trade buyers, negociants, courtiers and importers, whilst the third day is open to a wider audience. This makes a lot of...