chardonnay

1. Stas Medvedev

TN A Few Puligny-Montrachet 1er Crus tasting

2010 Etienne Sauzet Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Champ-Canet 1.5L Served from magnum, it has pale yellow colour. Larger format slows the maturation and it shows younger its real age. Coming from the upper mid-slope climat on the border with Meursault it has a lighter body. Focus is on the...
  2. Stas Medvedev

Domaine Hubert Lamy profile

I have recently attended a very insightful Zoom tasting with =AZWciLMAbdiKqLOYOIO_Kh_33J8He5CvOdoOtkLLcSvldeb1Rhb3jatFREizTevebKZnVUVfhXtSctTh_ILTyVm0UFf_vumHJyvrW3HNeQn90Ec99M2nFUZW0Viqu-mvCM0&__tn__=-]K-R']Olivier Lamy from Domaine Hubert Lamy. I was so much inspired with that session so...
  3. Stas Medvedev

TN 2017 Mâcons and St. Aubins blind Zoom tasting

Coronavirus quarantine is almost over in my home country of Latvia. So I was bit late with my 1st Zoom winentasting which I organised for my friends. I prepared a set of 6 wines served in individual bottles. All bottles have gone through a rigorous disinfection! Delivered the day before to...
  4. charlestaylor

Obaideh and Merwah

The components of Musar white. I had always thought that these were synonyms of Chardonnay and Semillon, but read today in the Purple Pages forum that Juan Villanoz has DNA tested them and they are not identical to those two; or indeed to any other known varieties. He's at pains to point out...
  5. Paul Anderson

Misleading Back Label Tasting Notes

I often read the back label TNs, when they are there, just to see how close my own notes are to the winemaker's. A Stag's Leap Karia Chardonnay 2015 opened the other night is probably the furthest out I have ever been. If it wasn't for the wine name being on the back label I would have been...
  6. Stas Medvedev

TN PYCM 2015 Horizontal

PYCM 2015 HORIZONTAL - (11.09.2018.) 2015 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru La Garenne - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Rating: 93/100 (4,3) Slightly greenish in the beginning. Develops with vivid ripe fruit: exotic and citrus. Minerality of...
  7. Paul Anderson

Is White Burgundy Still Top Dog?

Apologies for the length of this ramble. The TN - NW chardonnay v Burgundy shoot out tasting sparked a couple of very interesting side debates, but mainly the one about whether White Burgundy still deserves the title of ‘The Greatest Ever White Wine’. Assuming it ever did? If it doesn’t then...