Am liking this...

I do dislike these 'craft' tinned beers, which are all pretty much the same and taste to me like a crudely hoppy melding of Lucozade and Irn Bru.

If you do like the modern style beers e.g. IPA-ish I am yet to have better than Cloudwater Brewery (Manchester) the Cummings beer above is very decent but I don't like most of the brewdog range (their bars are brilliant though).

As a fellow fan of DEYA, Cloudwater etc. I'd like to recommend Polly's Brew Co, they (much like DEYA who i think can do no wrong when it comes to IPAs) are constantly putting out great beer after great beer.

If anyone is wondering where to start with DEYA, I highly recommend their "Saturated in ..." series any time one is available, great single hop DIPAs.

Tell us what you think, but I'd say a can of Cloudwater would reliably offer at least as much pleasure as a £5 glass of wine. I should pop down to Mother Kelly's and get some more...

Tell us what you think, but I'd say a can of Cloudwater would reliably offer at least as much pleasure as a £5 glass of wine. I should pop down to Mother Kelly's and get some more...
A £5 glass of wine - so about £20-£30 bottle of wine? Mmm... Not sure! However, these things are what they are - you pays yer money and takes yer choice (or is it chance?).

I believe the justification is a much higher hop density which they often import from the USA (the cloudwater single hop series is outstanding).

Interestingly I am now finding pub IPA style beer rather dull certainly in my area (London would be different) as I suppose to put the above mentioned beers on tap and add their margin I suspect I would be paying £8-£9 a pint and with the average alcohol percentage being much higher fights erupting everywhere!

However I am always pleased with a good old british best bitter too.