Amsterdam Beer Advice

Afternoon all. I am going to Amsterdam for a long weekend just after Easter and was wondering if you had any good beer recommendations. Staying very central and will have the kids with us. Looking for a few good bars for a few swift halves whilst out and about and maybe I'll be able to nip away for a few more after the kids are tucked up! Also good child-friendly restaurants if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Well the easiest recommendation for a shop is De BierKoning on Paleisstraat 125, Amsterdam. It's very central (a stone's throw from Dam Square), been there for decades and has a good selection.

For drinking in a nice easy-going atmosphere
Gent aan de Schinkel – 1 Theophile de Bockstraat (Belgian fusion on corner of canals – with good range of Belgian beers) nr. Vondelpark

It is a short tram ride out and very much in a residential suburb, but a place I reckon you could take the kids, eat and have some beers yourself.

The website says 28 belgian beers and lists some of them
Bieren
Gent aan de Schinkel heeft een collectie van 28 Belgische bieren, waaronder de Gentse bieren, Crabbelaer, Gentse Gruut blond, Amber en Inferno, Gentse Strop en Gentse tripel, 7 trappistenbieren (Achel, Rochefort, Orval, Chimay & Westmalle) & 6 bieren van 't vat (o.a. Maes en wisselend seizoensbier).

Last edited: