Poll Can you help with Ch Musar Vintages?

Which Chateau Musar would you recommend of the below?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi everyone,

I am looking to introduce a classic Chateau Musar red to my business' wine list and wondered if anyone knew or had opinions on the four vintages I am interested in, which are: 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2003. I tasted them all and enjoyed them in different ways but I'm curious what the thoughts of fellow wine-pages fans was?

PS I am a novice when it comes to Musar.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Ben

Sorry to hear about the 03, Peter, as that's my current vintage of Musar in half bottle format. I've not had one for a while but no disappointments so far. That said, consistent performance and Musar are not always happy bedfellows.

Hi everyone,

I am looking to introduce a classic Chateau Musar red to my business' wine list and wondered if anyone knew or had opinions on the four vintages I am interested in, which are: 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2003. I tasted them all and enjoyed them in different ways but I'm curious what the thoughts of fellow wine-pages fans was?

PS I am a novice when it comes to Musar.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Ben
Hi Ben,
Do you have children?

I voted for '99: a bottle earlier this year was excellent. Caveat -this suffers from Musar Syndrome - variability.
1998 was a notch better last year.
2001 is riven by Musar Syndrome - I've still a couple more to go. Can't say I'm looking forward to the next bottle with much enthusiasm, but it could be wonderful.

In true Forum style, I'd go for '91 - though one of pair earlier this year was dreadful, the other magnificent.