First 2020 EP email offer.

Can I be the first to express outrage at the price rise in Bordeaux EP, this year?
The Bordelais are money grabbing extortionists. I have paid £100 for a (non-namby pamby 6, or 3 even) full case of since 2009. And then what happens at the recent first sign of frost? They jack the price up by £3. Some people will spin that it's only 25p a bottle, but that's before VAT. Profiteering at its worst.

PS. Anyone seen a TN for the Beaumont?

Last edited:
From Stannary:

An attractive nose with perfumed spice and a palate with black bramble fruit and luscious Cabernet fruit of juniper and dark plums. It is medium bodied, but it surprises for its freshness and brilliant balance. Though it will happily keep, this may well be drinkable on release. A quintessential lunch time claret, this would also pour well at a BBQ. Not a wine that we have traditionally followed, but in 2020, if the price is right, then fill your boots. (Stannary Team)

A linear and polished young red with compact, silky tannins that are polished and beautiful. Lots of blackberry, blackcurrant, mushroom and spice character. Very solid wine from here. 92-93/100 (James Suckling)

Can I be the first to express outrage at the price rise in Bordeaux EP, this year?
The Bordelais are money grabbing extortionists. I have paid £100 for a non-namby pamby 6, or 3 even) full case of since 2009. And then what happens at the recent first sign of frost? They jack the price up by £3. Some people will spin that it's only 25p a bottle, but that's before VAT. Profiteering at its worst.

PS. Anyone seen a TN for the Beaumont?
Having just seen Geordie's post about the Suckling review, we can see why they needed to slap on 25p a bottle now :p

Just put my first 2020 :cool: Burgundy order...:cool:.
Apparently 2021 is developing as an exceptional vintage...just like 2015,16,18,19,20 have been exceptional and, by the way, the only exception to being exceptional 2017 is a great vintage that will give exceptional pleasure for all its life while you wait for all the vintages of the century to mature in 40-50 years...

You don't believe me? I just copied from a critic on a wine I purchased in half bottles last year:

"The best vintages of Chateau Clinet are: 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005..." Well I got it wrong...2017 also a best vintage... and he does not even get 2000$ a month so he is highly credible... I note he has not published a note for Clinet 2020 yet... but it should be good!... and volumes are down

Last edited:
Good to see Tour St Christophe coming in at 14.7%. Perfect for a refreshing drink with Sunday lunch.

I was amazed to see the high critical scores in recent years for this wine. Guess the formula must be working.

Has the Haut Brion stable now gone over to the Dark Side?

Haut Brion 2020 15% (estimated)
Quintus 2020 15.4%

Even Petrus seems to have lost its classicism in recent years:

Petrus 2020 14.8%

On the other hand

Lafite 2020 12.8%
Mouton 2020 13.1%

seem just about civil.