TN Four Burgundies of varying value

A couple of evenings ago, K & I couldn't agree on red or white for dinner. The only solution, in true Forumite tradition, one of each. The Arlot shows the merits of CdNV, despite coming from 'the wrong side of the tracks'. It held up well over night. Decent value, direct. Sylvie E's Aligoté is a modern take, very much in her bold style. A notch below '17 & similarly one to drink young. A bargain. Yet, probably, the one remaining bottle is enough.
Unable to obtain Natalie Fevre's Vaulorent, picked up a couple Droin 2019. Geographically & stylistically close to Grand Cru. A reasonable price, but will we buy more?
The Tremblay has been sat on the launch pad since we arrived here. Today, we finally resolved plans for the next month & so the cork merited pulling. `When I asked Mrs C how much she would pay for it, the amount (close to its true value) was half the sum paid by us me, which is a quarter of the bonkers secondary market price. I decided just to refer the latter. :) CT's Vosne & Morey villages express their origins better.
  • 2015 Domaine de L'Arlot Côte de Nuits Villages Clos du Chapeau - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Côte de Nuits Villages (28/07/2021)
    Consistent to previous bottle. Delicious.
    Drinking beautifully. {Very pale; elegant, ethereal, fragrant, cherries; palate yet to fully resolve, swings from grippy tannin then supple fruit, medium bodied, sappy, refreshing acidity; neatly balanced. Long}.(91 pts.)
  • 2018 Sylvie Esmonin (Michel et Fille) Bourgogne-Aligoté - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne-Aligoté (28/07/2021)
    Faint green tinge; wet sandstone, shaped & rounded out by neutral oak (?); stylish, mid-weight, lithe, has that Aligoté cut; dashing, vibrant finish. Drink now & next couple of years. (90 pts.)
  • 2019 Jean-Paul & Benoit Droin Chablis 1er Cru Vaulorent - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis 1er Cru (27/07/2021)
    Pale; classic salinity, whiff of iodine; bracing ‘minerality’,a subtle hint of tangerine, over-layed by a richness & grandeur; lingering finish. Impressive but a touch overbearing. Needs a couple of years. (93 pts.)
  • 2014 Cecile Tremblay Chambolle-Musigny Les Cabottes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny (29/07/2021)
    Properly pale; that old school scaley note & Tremblay ethereal touch; deft, underlayed by an earthiness, fresh feel; sturdy edge to an extended finish. (91 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
28A7CF05-1C6D-4794-8BDE-97B41A800409.jpeg56274DF7-9240-4BF9-86B1-7CF281B556D2.jpeg

It is not absolutely compulsory to drink in order of purchase, Jeremy; but when it comes to good red burgundy you can comfort yourself that you are drinking it at the right age, as I frequently prove to myself.