Marc de Bourgogne

Reading "Drops of God" they wax lyrical about the DRC Marc and fine de Bourgogne. I'm not a millionaire so I won't get to try those, but are there more sensibly priced versions that are worth seeking out?

I was given a Moet marc and took it to wimps back in the Ledbury days. Wasn’t widely enjoyed. Not sure if that is the intended style but I’ve not been moved to try more examples.

Reading "Drops of God" they wax lyrical about the DRC Marc and fine de Bourgogne. I'm not a millionaire so I won't get to try those, but are there more sensibly priced versions that are worth seeking out?
I am no plutocrat but have tried both. They taste just the same as all other fine and marc so there's no point in actually spending money on them. I have a weakness for individual vineyard bottlings which also taste exactly the same as the others. The widely available Briottet is all one needs for a proper internal scrub, though alcohol content is certainly to be pursued. If an expensive burgundian spirit is required I strongly recommend the Roulot Eaux de Vie.