Sourcing bulk wine

O

Ollie Clarke

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm wondering if any of you kind folk on here might be able to advise me, I'm looking to source some unbottled, Bulk wine at relatively low volumes (c. 1000l white and 1000l red, although this is TBC). Not too concerned about it's origin at this stage, and certainly not concerned that it's a premium product, just a decent enough liquid.

If anyone had any experience, advice, idea of cost per L, contacts etc. it would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

O

Ollie Clarke

That's a remarkably similar question, thanks for linking me to it Steve. I don't think I'm familiar with Ben.

If anyone has any further advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

What are you going to do with it? Presumably you will need it bottling at some point and it may be more cost-effective to buy ready bottled.
Have you considered approaching the supermarkets at corporate level?
Or some of the bigger importers such as Boutinot

If you don't mind too much about the quality you will often find wines on offer at places like Lidl where the price is effectively zero, just a few pence above the cost of duty and VAT. You won't be able to do better than that. And if you don't mind a bit of salt in the wine catering suppliers sell cooking wine for very much less than a pound a litre.