TN Strange aromas in wine

A

Andrzej Lechowski

The world of wine has gone crazy. Recently I noticed that almost every wine contains some foreign aromas. By the way, the same applies to coffee. And just like in coffee, I want to have the aroma of coffee, but definitely not vanilla, chocolate, nuts or other strange ones, I don't want them in wine either. I watched today couple of bottles of French and other wines (Malbec, Médoc, Villa Maria - New Zealand, and other) and started from studying their metrics. And what I found was disgusting. They contained extraneous aromas such as black currant, blackberries, crisp lime, passion fruit, even cedar wood (!) and plenty of other ones. I've never seen such descriptions of flavours on any wine bottle earlier. It seems to me that naming of wine flavours appeared this year. Right?

A

Andrzej Lechowski

Do you mean American journalists were pioneers in describing flavours of wines, or in the discovery of the descriptions?

The terms you refer to have been standard for a very long time. In fact they are pretty sober compared to the more lurid flights of fancy that were even more common ten years ago, though possibly not on the bottles themselves.

A

Andrzej Lechowski

I don't wish foreign smells in wines. Even if they are not added yet, this is the preparation of customers for these types of flavours, which will be introduced one day. What is it supposed to be used for? My guess is smuggling poisonous substances into drinks according to the UN policy of depopulation program (Agenda 21 and not only). A few days ago, being in Lidl, I saw a ruse at the entrance in the form of cartons of red wine from South Africa, 13% at a price of £ 2.99 per bottle. The wine seemed very suspicious to me, so I took the bottle and began to read its metrics. The first sentence started: "Lightly scented ..." (obviously, with some s..t). I at once stopped reading further info and put the bottle away. I also noticed increased amounts of Californian, Australian and New Zealand wines, and thus from countries in which they use highly fluorinated water not to mention glyphosate. Wines decrease their quality level with the knowledge of their producers.

Tom Cannavan

Administrator
Yes, as the writer hasn't broken rules specifically I haven't banned him/her yet, but it's rather obvious - if utterly stupid - trolling so I suggest ignoring the thread.