Supermarket promotions 2021

This thread for news and reports of supermarket wine promotions

A couple of general reminders
- Waitrose 25% off 6+ includes fortifieds and run for a week. Promotions on specific wines are suspended for that week. Waitrose Cellar usually runs a similar promotion in parallel.
- Other supermarkets' promos exclude fortifieds and stack with any other discounts
For home deliveries and click and collect, it's the delivery date that determines eligibility. Order for delivery outside the promotional period don't qualify. To ensure you get the discount, allow substitutes and reject is unsuitable.

The first quarter is generally quiet with across the board promotions.

Expect to see Waitrose with 25% off 6+ in early March and possibly the same at Sainsburys late February. Tesco will probably promote ahead of Easter, so late March. Asda has less history to use for predictions and Morrisons do not run across-the-board discounts on wine.

Also St Julien Lucien Lurton 22>10.

But expect most of these to be already sold out so not worth a dedicated trip or going further afield on a goose chase, given Covid restrictions.

Yes the reds all gone at my two locals unfortunately. Managed to get some Chablis, plus a bottle of half price Lamothe Bergeron 2011 at Co-Op.

A few more:

Tour de Pez St Estephe 2016 £27 > 10
Two English sparklers - a Balfour and a Marksman £~30 > 15
Denbies Bacchus £14 > 6
An Argentian Malbec £15 > 7 (tried this yeasterday - meh)

Not always discounted on the ticket, but discounts are in stores nationwide.

Good one, Steve. managed to pick up six bottles at a tenner each at my local M&S. They seemed to have quite a few left, perhaps £27 wine isn't the staple of the old mining communities around my neck of the woods ;)

Thanks for the heads up folks
I picked up a few marksman (2x 2013 ,1x 2014), 2 each of L Lurton Margaux & St Julien 2016s and a dozen brocard 1er MdM
Other than the marksman, none of the other labels on the shelves had been updated to show offer prices so bit of a guessing game for those not privy to information - not a bad thing for WP Bargain hunters

The UdV Chablis GC is still priced at £29.88 and the Hospice de Beaune St Romain stays at £50 so I didn’t bother with those

happy to share a £7 off £70 spend code to scan for anyone planning to shop at M&S food hall. Just drop me a msg

Mike