Test Your Chablis Knowledge

6/6
6/7 (getting wrong one of those I was confident on, and lucking 2-3 guesses)
Didn't try the expert level as I really would have been guessing - I do know very little about the region and have drunk relatively few bottles.

I think one of the answers in the beginner's section is wrong...
I got 5/6, 3/7 and 10/11.
Tom,
There were two in that section that cased a pause for me.I was thinking about Aligote and Sparkling Chablis.
I was gifted some of the latter at La Chablisienne about 20 years ago though can't for certain recall the complete labelling.
What was your area of concern?

Tom Cannavan

Administrator
Obviously there are lots of other wines made in the greater Chablis/Auxerrois region, including Aligote, Cremant, Irancy, St Bris, etc. but none of them are AOC Chablis which I think is a source of some confusion in this quiz - especially when it asks about sparkling wines and the percentage of red wine fron the region as far as I can recall. With a fair wind behind my guessing I would have scored 8 in the 3rd part of this, being thrown off the track by the wording of one question or second-guessing what they meant by another, but really at the level of questions in part 3, seriously expert and detailed knowledge was needed, which I lacked

So it was fairly split into beginner, intermediate and expert :)

I did find it through the home page so knew that the whole site was about Chablis AOC, so based my answers on that. Still, it showed I have a long way to go to be expert :p

Having explored it a bit more it is quite a useful site and has a good map of the vineyards and location of producers. There is also a section on restaurants and hotels which may come in handy as a stopover, coupled with a producer visit (or two).

Tom,
There were two in that section that cased a pause for me.I was thinking about Aligote and Sparkling Chablis.
I was gifted some of the latter at La Chablisienne about 20 years ago though can't for certain recall the complete labelling.
What was your area of concern?

Red wine, of which there is plenty, but Tom's explanation is clearly correct.