Who else routinely drinks whisky as a nightcap?

I write this as I have Ardbeg 10yo in my Zalto universal from having previously enjoyed white burgundy. I do like to round things off with (generally) an interesting natural presentation whisky. I do love sherry monsters yet I keep coming back for Islay peat.

Back to the Ardbeg 10yo - so much flavour and complexity concentrated into this whisky. Really a sensory experience.

I often do, though more recently I've expanded the repertoire with a bit of sipping gin that I have been exploring: Bruichladdich's The Botanist and Glendalough's Rose Gin. As for whisky I just finished a Glencadam 10 and right now there are two open bottles, a peaty AnCnoc 'Ruttar' and a Tomatin 'Lagacy'. Next up might be something a friend recommended, an 8 year blend called Islay Mist, supposedly with a large percentage of Laphroaig.

Very coincidental that you bring up the Ardbeg 10yo. Last week I decided to make a list of the whiskys that I have (name, age, year, bottling, percentage, etc) and had to remove the Ardbeg from it because I couldn't find it. The brains in the household said it might be in with the wines. Sure enough, last Thursday, mucking around in the cellar, I found the errant bottle along with my late 80s purchases, the Macallan 12 and Talisker 10.

Cheers ...................................... Mahmoud.

I often do, though more recently I've expanded the repertoire with a bit of sipping gin that I have been exploring: Bruichladdich's The Botanist and Glendalough's Rose Gin. As for whisky I just finished a Glencadam 10 and right now there are two open bottles, a peaty AnCnoc 'Ruttar' and a Tomatin 'Lagacy'. Next up might be something a friend recommended, an 8 year blend called Islay Mist, supposedly with a large percentage of Laphroaig.

Very coincidental that you bring up the Ardbeg 10yo. Last week I decided to make a list of the whiskys that I have (name, age, year, bottling, percentage, etc) and had to remove the Ardbeg from it because I couldn't find it. The brains in the household said it might be in with the wines. Sure enough, last Thursday, mucking around in the cellar, I found the errant bottle along with my late 80s purchases, the Macallan 12 and Talisker 10.

Cheers ...................................... Mahmoud.

Don't drink the late 80s Macallan nor the Talisker. Those will be highly sought after at auction and you should get a valuation. There are obsessive collectors out there that pay silly money for old bottlings.

Interested to hear about what you are currently drinking, and like the Tomatin spelling of "Lagacy" :). These days it is hard to find age statements on whiskies, I do my best to track them down when I can.

Caol Ila 18 yo my current favourite but more as a digestive than a night cap.

I do like Caol Ila and the 18yo must be lovely.

I am going to try and order a bottle or two before Christmas as I am down to my last quarter of Ardbeg 10. I may look for a sherry monster such as a Glenfarclas 105 or perhaps the more refined 15 yo ( I do like Glenfarclas - the drink - and the distillery story). The other bottle may be a Springbank 10 yo. As you can see, I generally like my whisky on the younger side as I find more character whereas the aged drinks can show more cask influence and make me start thinking of Cognac or Armagnac...

Good to revive posts in the Spirits Forum - especially this time of year.

Don't drink the late 80s Macallan nor the Talisker. Those will be highly sought after at auction and you should get a valuation. There are obsessive collectors out there that pay silly money for old bottlings.

Interested to hear about what you are currently drinking, and like the Tomatin spelling of "Lagacy" :). These days it is hard to find age statements on whiskies, I do my best to track them down when I can.
I've never sold a bottle of anything, wine or whisky, so wouldn't know how to go about it even if I wanted to sell. Where I live there is no scope for selling wines other than retail or in restaurants and bars. It would have to be a private sale off the grid as it were.

Speaking of young spirits and age statements, I am going to be looking at an 8yo "blend" called Islay Mist that apparently has a good proportion of Laphroaig in it. A friend who likes Laphroaig recommended it to me and I'm keen on trying it. The last 8yo I had was an Islay malt from an unnamed distillery, from an independent Italian bottler with the unlikely name of Wilson & Morgan, distilled in 2005 and bottled in 2015.

I've never sold a bottle of anything, wine or whisky, so wouldn't know how to go about it even if I wanted to sell. Where I live there is no scope for selling wines other than retail or in restaurants and bars. It would have to be a private sale off the grid as it were.

Speaking of young spirits and age statements, I am going to be looking at an 8yo "blend" called Islay Mist that apparently has a good proportion of Laphroaig in it. A friend who likes Laphroaig recommended it to me and I'm keen on trying it. The last 8yo I had was an Islay malt from an unnamed distillery, from an independent Italian bottler with the unlikely name of Wilson & Morgan, distilled in 2005 and bottled in 2015.

I always assume all unnamed Islay bottlings are caol ila until proven otherwise