2004 Trevallon @ TWS

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Tom Gandey, Apr 11, 2018.

1. FYI, I returned a case of the above as my taster bottle turned out to be hard-as-nails. Will this be drinkable at some point in the future? Probably, but for now its just a wall of acid. I'm told they will back in the system over the next couple of weeks, so if you have FOMO... ready, steady...

If demand is anything to go by, it sold out a whole lot faster than their 2015 white.

2. Ooooh that's an interesting ethical one if they just put it back in their list as you are suggesting they will.

Merchants reselling unsatisfactory returned wine. :p

3. I had one a while back and it was gorgeous!

4. Curious, I bought a bottle back in 2014 which I haven't had yet, but had noticed that it had stayed on their list ever since. CT notes are never enthusiastic hence why I was leaving it.

5. Definitely leave it. As I mentioned, it might turn around as the fruit is still there but TBH I wouldn't crack it for a min. of 5 years... would say 10, but the fruit might be starting to dry out by then. Pretty sure you didn't pay £39 for it, so consider yourself lucky.

6. I've seen people return top Grand Cru Burgundy in a restaurant only to be replaced with Caymus SS, so YMMV :)

7. There's been stock of that in the showroom for ages.

8. That’s interesting to hear - my solitary bottle is at La Trompette waiting for this month’s WIMPS so we’ll see how that one turns out.