2005 Bordeaux - what to sell?

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Jonathan Kalman, Sep 12, 2018.

1. It is clear to me that I bought too much 2005 Bordeaux EP. I have sold a few cases and determined for the most part what I want to keep. The ones upon which I cannot decide are L'Arrosee, La Chapelle de la Mission, DCR, Issan and Langoa Barton. Does anyone have an opinion?

2. Can you not just get valuations, order them by value and how much you like them and retain those that you like/those which are cheap?

3. Hi Alex,
    I haven't tasted any of these (which is the reason that I am seeking advice) and valuation is not the issue. I simply realised that having 15 cases of this vintage was too much and want to reduce the quantity. I am down to 10 cases and want to prune a few more.

4. Stick them on VinXchange and see what sells - then keep what doesn't sell?

5. Depends substantially on what your other cases are. La Chapelle and Issan are drinking quite well already, and might give you a lot of pleasure before some of your others are even remotely ready.

Oh, and DCR??

6. Domaine de Chevalier Rouge and thank you for your comments regarding time; this is useful.

7. OK, so you're asking which the panel think are the nicest/best buys of that lot (and you'd keep those)?

Mmm. Sorry I can't really help there ;-)

8. Keep DCR, Langoa Barton. Both very well built and structured for the long term. D'Issan also a goo keep but not quite in the same league as the other two. Sell L'Arrosee and La Chapelle. Voila.

9. I love the idea of a "goo keep".

I'm in.

10. Agreed

11. Dom de Chevalier should be a definite keep.

Alex Jagger likes this.
  12. Thank you all for your comments which are most helpful.

13. I suggest you sell me your DCR, cheap :) Do the opposite, of course.