TN 32 sparkling wine round-up

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Tom Cannavan, Dec 7, 2018 at 11:03 AM.

1. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

Including the first non-alcoholic fizz that I would actually give a medal-score to (85/100), and all sorts of things from appassimento Verduzzo to Grand Cru Champagne, grouped by price:

Sparkling Wines for Christmas | wine-pages

2. I was hoping to get a bottle of that Masi partially-appassimento fizz for my Masi tasting next month - any sightings of a high street source?

3. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

Unfortunately I don't think so Andy. My contact who knows the UK retail scene is on holiday until the middle of next week, so I can ask but won't get the answer in a hurry.

4. Andy, it's available at La Vino in Halifax. This is a new-ish merchant (regrettably a pale shadow of the lamented Halifax Wine Company) and I called in for the first time earlier this week. They have a wide range of Masi's wines including this one. Details are on their website: it's £14.50 as a single bottle or £12.70 as part of a mixed six-pack. They do mail order. No connection etc (unusually, I came out of a wine merchant without buying anything).

Tom Cannavan and Andy Leslie like this.
  5. I was recommended the Simonnet-Febvre Cremant de Bourgogne recently and it was well received at a sitdown dinner tasting. About £15 over here so pretty much the same as the UK price.

Tom Cannavan likes this.