Another Champagne bargain?

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Tom Cannavan, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

Rare Le Secret High Jewellery takes inspiration from Marie Antoinette’s elegant and extravagant dresses. It features a single, precious jewel of at least one carat – a choice of diamond, ruby, sapphire or emerald – embedded in the heart of interwoven bands of gold set with 510 diamonds. The presentation box is reminiscent of that originally used to present Mellerio jewels to Marie Antoinette. The case has a mirrored interior, reflecting the cuts of the precious stones used in each bottle adornment. This exquisite craftsmanship perfectly complements the elegance of the wine inside and is reflected in its rarity – only ten of these bottles are available worldwide. £115,0000 Harrods.

secret-rare.jpg

Graham Harvey likes this.
  2. Wow. £1,150,000 is crazy! A snip at £115,000 mind! ;)

3. The wine is available for £1150 for a magnum so this is £113,850 for the bottle? Even the finest quality 1.2ct ruby wouldn't cost more than £80,000 (and probably more like £10k) so that's a lot for a bottle.

4. I'll post a TN soon:D

Graham Harvey and Alino Punzalan like this.
  5. Reported to moderator as click-bait.....

6. Tom Cannavan

I have a couple of sample bottles coming, potential wine of the week for what's-her-name - the one who has spent £16m in Harrods over the past decade.

7. Tom Cannavan

I really - really - don't think you should be making a fuss over the odd zero.

Neil Holland likes this.
  8. Ray, don't forget to put the empty bottle on the recycle bin afterwards. ;)

Raymond Tilney likes this.
  9. Only ten bottles? If I can't buy a full case, I'm not interested.

Mark Carrington likes this.
  10. Consortium? We could each taste a 1/1000th of a bottle at just £115 each.

Paul Anderson likes this.
  11. Tom Cannavan

12. Given the likely buyers, I suggest inspiration for the bottle comes more from her reputation of being being profligate, promiscuous, and of harbouring sympathies for enemies.

13. Tom Cannavan

I'm in. Or will swap a 1,000th for two bottles of Comte.

14. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

15. Dunno what people are making such a fuss about. It's not as if she spent it all in one year.

Mark Carrington and Tom Cannavan like this.
  16. Tom Cannavan

Just sold at Christie's London: 12 bottles Romanee-Conti 1988, for £288,000. I guess there's buyer's premium on top, but still cheap compared to our bejeweled beauty.

17. It was a mistake. I only meant to bid for the Romeo y Julieta.

Tom Cannavan likes this.
  18. And probably not even that marvellous in that vintage.

19. Obviously not her style - she only spent £1800 on wine.

20. Perhaps bleeding out 16 mil was a form of passive resistance.