Bordeaux 2022 EP

I’m afraid I didn’t go so far as to check whether they had it in stock or not so I’m sure you’re right re 2019. But anyhow my main point is why bother with this vintage when better vintages are cheaper or nearly as cheap.
Priced like that I don't see any meaningful uptick for a good while so why buy now before it's truly reviewed in bottle/tie your money up. A pass for me too.

Given that Batailley 1947 (stylistically comparable to 2022, and the year of their marriage) was served to the late Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip on their silver wedding anniversary, the Castéja family have chosen to commemorate the year of Her Majesty’s passing with a special black and gold label.

3373C6C2-5753-455D-832E-130B7F794534.jpeg

I've just reread the 2019 Rieussec thread with a mixture of nostalgia and renewed hilarity.

The Rieussec rebrand was released en primeur at £340 for four 75cl bottles IB – the same format is available today from a respected name for £260, although a determined BBX optimist would prefer an ambitious £515 for their plain carton. Meanwhile a dependable retailer has the 2019 at £149 per bottle all in, so snapping at the heels of the legendary 2001 Climens...

Out of interest, has anybody on here bought Rieussec since its reinvention?

I've just reread the 2019 Rieussec thread with a mixture of nostalgia and renewed hilarity.

The Rieussec rebrand was released en primeur at £340 for four 75cl bottles IB – the same format is available today from a respected name for £260, although a determined BBX optimist would prefer an ambitious £515 for their plain carton. Meanwhile a dependable retailer has the 2019 at £149 per bottle all in, so snapping at the heels of the legendary 2001 Climens...

Out of interest, has anybody on here bought Rieussec since its reinvention?
I bought two heavily discounted bottles in Calais for about 1/4 of that. One wonders how many extra warehouses they have had build to accommodate all the unsold stock!

I was one of the benefactors of a load of Riessec for pretty much free after a load of Lafite-chasers dumped them on the 2ndary market. I think I have about 4 x 12 cases/ I can't recall exact price paid but it was insultingly small. WTF am I going to do with all that Sauternes apart from create gout?

I was one of the benefactors of a load of Riessec for pretty much free after a load of Lafite-chasers dumped them on the 2ndary market. I think I have about 4 x 12 cases/ I can't recall exact price paid but it was insultingly small. WTF am I going to do with all that Sauternes apart from create gout?

Sauternes is more likely to create gout? I'd say the rare meat / g+t's are more of a risk! :)

You need to have a word with Neil Holland. He is the Sauternesmeister and even has strategies for consuming magnums of the sweet stuff:) .

It's the 14.2 % on the Batailley which has put me off.

Langoa at 14.2% too.
Quite Alex. and for Ch. Leoville Barton you could buy the excellent 2002, which I enjoyed earlier this week, at 12.5% alcohol and over twenty years old for less than the release price of the 2022. Or you could buy the 14.2% 2022 and pay £15 a year storage for two decades... Nuts.