comtes 2006 £80 in M&S

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Tom Cannavan, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

In my local anyway, reduced from £120.

2. Do you get the 25% as well Tom? We've been hoovering up at £60 per bottle. I now own more Comtes '06 than anything else! :)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  3. Tom Cannavan

Only ever saw it at £100 on offer in my Scottish store. Probably not inexhaustible as I took the last two from that store now that it made it down to £80 'reduced to clear'.

4. Tom Cannavan

Sadly not north of the border - if we did I'd be touring local stores as we speak:)

5. That extra 25% off seemed somewhat elusive. Strange that some branches offered it and others didn't. IT glitch?

6. There was a nationwide 25% off 6 campaign with M&S but that has ended now, certainly according to the website.

My local M&S at Kingston still carries a large stock of the Comtes 06 so may go again if the 25% offer kicks in.

£60 is a great price, the 1990 was £75 in the UK shops when they were punting it out for the new Millenium.

7. Tom Cannavan

The 25% Off 6 will never be offered in Scotland as price reductions on multi-buys are illegal. However if it appears and the Comtes is still at £80 I'll be looking for an English volunteer to take delivery and post on to me!

8. Elbows sharpened and ready Tom! :)

Tom Cannavan likes this.
  9. You should speak to my wife. :cool:

Neil Holland and Tom Cannavan like this.
  10. Since last month, Comtes 06 keep showing up at Bid For Wine for ~ £90 per bottle. A good profit if somebody would buy those rather than checking M&S! ;)

11. Drive down to Carlisle?

12. Picked up a bottle this morning in Waitrose at 25% off, came to £81.81 here in Guernsey.

13. Tom Cannavan

It's a thought, if I can ensure they have 6 in stock...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  14. Good luck getting any sense out of M&S! I think their stock systems were designed by Arkwright and Granville. .

15. I think you are being rather unkind to Arkwright and Granville, Phil.

Alex Jagger and Phil David like this.
  16. They are selling Comtes 06 out of magnum by the glass at my hotel in Tokyo. Y3000. It’s very good.

17. My local store in Southport might have two I say that because there are two boxes but knowing their stock management it doesn’t mean the bottles are in the warehouse.

My sister works there and could get discount bringing it down to £64. Sadly with current wine commitments I still can’t justify buying one.

18. Probably more like D Byrne and Co. ;)

19. Couldn’t afford Comtes but just got two Castle Brook classic cuvee from M&S for £15 each, which is half price. Not on the same level but a great buy nonetheless.

20. I drank the Comtes for the first time this weekend. Not greatly experienced in premium Cuvée but this certainly worked for me , especially at this price point over , say Dom P.

Will get the hoover out.

Tom Cannavan likes this.
  21. You could buy ten cases and flog it here (vinexchange) for a small profit.

22. David knowing the store like I do I doubt that two boxes exist let alone ten cases. Not sure where I would get nearly four grand from without selling the missus car :)

23. Would the 20% staff discount be available on top of any 25% off deal?

24. No,
    Branded goods no longer get staff discount