Fullers Vintage 2012

Discussion in 'The Beer Forum' started by Alan Ball, Aug 11, 2018.

1. I am just drinking this now. Somewhat disappointing. Hazy, sweet with toffee, caramel and orange, touch of dried fruit. Oxidation is noticeable. Syrupy and a bit harsh; not as mellow as I would have expected, nor as complex.

I do believe that more recent versions are not keeping as well as those from late 90s early 2000. Perhaps I should have just kept this and sold it in a few years. If these beers keep going for silly prices I can see that, in, time to come, quite a lot of money is going to be spent on undrinkable beers.

2. Hear, hear!

3. Further to this, I have just tried the 2017. This is very good now. Quite sweet with caramel, but also fruity and hoppy. There are grapefruit and pineapple notes with the usual orange. Other ones I have tried when they are new have been a bit harsh but this is fairly smooth already. I wonder if the more recent vintages are going to be better consumed after a year or two rather than several years.

4. Sorry, again further to the above; the 2017 has been dry-hopped with an American hop. Normally where this was done, I would drink the beer as quickly as possible. Would this hop give any benefit to the flavour profile in several years time?