NWR IPL Cricket 2018

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by GeorgeParkinson19, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Has anyone been watching?

I find it slightly disappointing to see that many of the English payers are yet to get any game time, players such as jason roy, jofra archer, Alex Hales, Plunkett, Moeen Ali... but looking at hoe the majority of the English players have perfomed apart from Billings 50 on Tuesday you can see why...

Stokes yet to impress with bat or ball

2. Not really was quite into it two or three years back; but there's been so many scandals that I doubt it's veracity these days.

GeorgeParkinson19 likes this.
  3. I agree about the scandals, i still like to watch it every so often as it can be hugely entertaining, also nice to see the England players out there too

4. I have watched most and they have all been pretty close except for the first sunrisers game. Today's sunrisers win was an absolute thriller , down to the last ball with many twists and turns.

5. Too much competition from proper sports on offer

6. Kevin, I agree with you, such a great finish this evening! It was really fantastic cricket on show and entertaining, it does make me wish to be in Chennai for example for the next super kings match.

John, i understand there is a lot else on, UCL football, Europa league, Commonwealth games, but for entertaining sport, and also a sport i adore (cricket) the IPL is fantastic

7. Sorry, should have put in wink emoji

Kevin Courtney likes this.
  8. Is it only on Sky George? I seem to recall it was on ITV4 one year.

9. unfortunately yes! Slightly irritating but its still a good watch

10. I'm a fan. The opportunity to see most of the world's best players, as well as the odd dark horse (the RCB bowler in today's game, for example, who seems to have emerged from nowhere) is one I find irresistible. Yesterday's game, as Kevin said, was a cracker.

I'm a New Zealander, so I was happy to see Kane's team victorious yesterday (even if he was out cheaply, after the faintest tickle I've ever seen). And, with McCullum, Southee, Anderson and de Grandhomme in the squad, I'm supporting RCB today. Sadly, only McCullum was chosen to play - and he was out for a golden duck!

The atmosphere looks amazing, and I'd love to experience it first-hand.

11. I completely agree Sam, I'd love to go out there, especially to Chennai! Shame they have had to move stadiums for their games.

12. C987474F-678F-49C4-8319-21523C78139E.jpeg 2F3DD324-0B35-448E-8548-998F1BF3A0D0.jpeg AFFD28E1-D3D1-4B21-8306-2703AB200E8F.jpeg

Yes to all of the above....

13. Yep. Its a long way from Chennai to Pune, but at least they will have a fan base up there....