Lunch/Dinner Jura event @ The Solent Cellar

Discussion in 'Commercial Noticeboard' started by Simon Smith, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Tom has kindly allowed me to post about an event we're holding in Lymington that may be of interest to forum members who live locally.

On Friday 7th September we'll be hosting a pop up restaurant in the shop focusing on the food and wines of the Jura. Tickets are £35pp which includes a glass of Crémant du Jura, canapés and an introduction the wines and region by David Crossley. This will be followed by a set 3 course meal.

Poached Trout fillet, Cauliflower puree, Peas and Pea shoots
    Poulet au Vin Jaune
    Comté, Morbier and Bleu de Gex

We'll be offering a selection of Jura wines for sale by the glass and bottle from growers including: Daniel Dugois, Berthet-Bondet, Ganevat, Michel Gahier, Phiilippe Bornard, A&M Tissot, Domaine de la Pinte, Puffeney, Aviet, Domaine St Pierre and Houillon-Overnoy.

If this is of interest to anyone please feel free to get in touch.

Simon

2. We would have loved to attend but this clashes with KP's bash at The Harrow, regretfully.

Alino Punzalan likes this.
  3. Would be there, but will be in Cornwall.:(

4. Mark, Andrew,
    Sorry you can't join us but I'm sure you'll both be eating and drinking well at your respective destinations!

5. This is Solent Cellar, right?! Sounds great, but I doubt we'll be able to make it. Will perhaps send my Mum instead ;-)

Simon Smith likes this.
  6. Hi Alex, it is indeed. I can't believe I forgot that vital info and have edited the title accordingly!

Alex Lake likes this.