TN Les Carmes Haut Brion 2013

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Rainer Guntermann, Jun 13, 2018.

1. image.jpeg A half bottle tonight. Deep purple colour, very good nose, spicey, cherry, red currant, some earthy tones as well, silky tannins, good body, opening up, but not as open as a few weeks ago, closing down now ? A very good performance for a very minor vintage, really surprising but promising as well. If the following better vintages are structured in the same way the future of this chateau is bright. At least this bottle overperformed my expectations and there might be
    some interesting developments ahead. There were good, very good vintages before but for a vintage like 2013 it's an outstanding performance.
    Cheers
    Rainer

2. Good to know Rainer - it's my oldests birthyear and I only bought Clinet EP from Bdx - he did pretty well from Burgundy! - and I'll be following which wines overperform.

3. Love the Burg 13s. Where the yields were cut right back to aerate the remaining bunches, keep rot at bay and coax the grapes to ripeness, the results are stunning. Good old PN thrives at low yields.

Ian Hampsted likes this.