Maotai, has anyone else tried it?

Discussion in 'The Spirits Forum' started by Nathan Evans, Nov 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tried some Maotai from China recently, interesting drink .. Was just wondering if anyone else had had the chance to try it or even find it in the UK?

Attached Files:

2. I think I've seen it in Chinatown. Probably real as it's not the old ones. I guess you can also buy real ones in Chinese airport.

3. This one was bought in China from where they make it in Guizhou province I think definitely real. Interesting taste

Po-yu Sung likes this.
  4. Do you like the smell. Once open the whole room can smell it.

5. Yes it's brilliant, when other people smell maotai it is always entertaining to see their reactions

6. I like it, though not more than other baijiu. One can buy aged Maotai at DRC like expense.I am told that there are plenty of fakes!

7. Yes I was told by my friend who brought this bottle that there are lots of fakes, I think he has said the fakes are available to purchase for ten pounds in China .. I can't seem to find much maotai over here though

8. This year I will defiNitley bring some GaoLaing back to the UK

9. I'm going to try and see if I can get some more, a good drink to have and fun to give to others .. Something different that most haven't come across