Marc Hebrart - posterity calling

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Tom Cannavan, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

Those who read it will have enjoyed the in-depth post by forumite Steve Pritchard on his visit to Champagne Marc Hebrart, as did I. I thought it deserved not to disappear into the mists of time on the forum, so asked Steve if it could be tidied up and expanded a little, and turned into a fully fledged article on wine-pages. Luckily Steve agreed, and so we have his first fully published piece: The wines of Champagne Marc Hebrart | wine-pages

Well done Steve.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  2. Very enjoyable read. Just as I am thinking of who else (Gaston-Chiquet always a must for me) to drop into while passing through Champagne in June.

3. Nice one Stevie P.

4. Well spotted Tom and Well done Dr P

5. "Tidied up and expanded" words to spread dread amongst the minions in the corporate world. :D

6. Just brilliant!

Steven Pritchard likes this.
  7. Thanks all .. Tom gave me the kick I needed and am glad he did (stop hiding out on the forum). However, this has a more sinister side: unless you start sending me large cash lump sums I may yet do another one! :p

8. Phew, when I saw the thread title I feared the worst for M Hebrart’s health!

9. :D

10. Just returned from having root canal procedure on a molar, I was in need of some cheering up.

This did exactly that - well done Dr. P! And thanks to Tom for the excellent idea of making it a main website article.

11. Excellent piece. Many thanks both.

12. Just read the article, as ever Dr P's informed and detailed information providing a wealth of information and interest. Have loved the marc hebrart wines that I have had, especially the Rosé which was a delight.

Thanks Steve & Tom for another insight into the complexities of Champagne

Cheers

13. Brilliant article.

14. Excellent article. Well done indeed.

15. Not sure if this might become a Hebrart tasting thread now? Anyway just opened and rapidly consumed a bottle of the standard NV from a mixed grower case I see I bought from TWS and left in storage in late 2014. Not had recent versions but my sense is this has really benefited from the delay, very full and a touch of honey but plenty of zip in there somewhere. Feels like a billy bargain.

16. Nice one, thanks Tom and Steve!