Online interview 5pm, tonight (14/09/2018)

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Tom Cannavan, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

If anyone wishes to look in or participate I'm doing an interview at 5pm UK time tonight, Friday 14th September 2018, on a podcast called "Visions Under Construction".

To be honest I have *no* idea what the content and question area will be, but it might be of interest. Visions Under Construction is a weekly podcast that has been going for 12 years, hosted by a guy called Randy Resnick, whom some of you may remember from many decades ago when he hung out on Robin Garr's wine lovers discussion group. Randy is also married to a professor in wine marketing and economics at Bordeaux university where they live, but although he has a strong wine interest, he's really a tech guy. He told me that almost all his previous podcasts have been on tech subjects - just checked the previous episodes dealing with things like 'blockchain' and 'cryptocurrencies', so god knows what his usual audience will make of me warbling about wine. And music apparently, as Randy is also a musician of some repute.

Anyway, for anyone who wants to look in, the link is Visions Under Construction at 5pm tonight. It's live and interactive (phone in via Vuc | Voxbone), but I think it is also recorded and watchable after that too at the same link.

Gareth Powell likes this.
  2. Tom Cannavan

Tom Cannavan Administrator

Anyone who wants to watch the show can find it now archived. Host Randy Resnick is a fairly big-time blues/jazz musician (played with John Mayall, Canned Heat, John-Lee Hooker and others) so we spent the first 10 minutes talking about music, but then it was wine and my career for the rest of the 1 hour show, which might have some bits that are worth not fast-forwarding through. There were 7 or 8 people who logged in to video contribute and ask questions from various places around the world, including a couple of American wine judges, so some of the questions and comments were pretty pertinent, others less so.