Food Pasta machines

We use ours a few times a year, and it's a ritual for me and the kids doing it together on new year's eve. A lovely family cooking activity that even the smallest can get involved in. The joy on my two year old nephew's face as he rolled it out last year was something to behold.

We use ours a few times a year, and it's a ritual for me and the kids doing it together on new year's eve. A lovely family cooking activity that even the smallest can get involved in. The joy on my two year old nephew's face as he rolled it out last year was something to behold.
I agree, the feeling of producing something very beautiful when rolling out is extremely satisfying! My inherited Imperia gets a lot of use and I got a cutting attachment off eBay for £10. If I upgrade eventually it will be to an Atlas, but I’ve been very happy with mine so far.

One of those 'where have you been all my life?' moments this evening. With the correct rolling pin and after the watching of dozens of youtube videos(which encouragingly all use rather divergent methods) it turns out that doing it by hand is easier and less messy than using a machine, the product has a toothsomeness which the machine doesn't match and is extremely good exercise. It's thicker than what I make by machine but exactly matches the tagliatelle I had in Bologna. I'm going to have to practice a bit more for tortellini.
The recipe is a bit different, no semolina, low protein flour at about 180% of the weight of eggs. The pasta pleasingly dries itself quite quickly as one rolls so that cutting is no problem.