Food Restaurant 'dine at home' boxes

Yes I saw that via Twitter earlier - agree it is definitely on the pricey side, though it does look a delicious menu.
We were planning to buy it as I agree it looks delicious, though we've already ordered a box for Valentine's Day from our local. I asked Tom if we could eat his (oo-er) on the 15th for my birthday, but he said it should be eaten on the 14th. As a side note I love twitter for being able to interact with people like that!

We were planning to buy it as I agree it looks delicious, though we've already ordered a box for Valentine's Day from our local. I asked Tom if we could eat his (oo-er) on the 15th for my birthday, but he said it should be eaten on the 14th. As a side note I love twitter for being able to interact with people like that!

We've already ordered for Valentine's too - got the Home by Nico box, the contents and theme of which is still a mystery!!

I agree re: twitter, in the last week I've chatted to Glynn Purnell, Matt Christmas (Chez Bruce) and Michael Wignall (Angel Hetton) on there. I'm such a fanboy...

We’ve got the #1 Masterchef collaboration box coming from HAAR soon. If the lobster is half as good as the version I ate in the restaurant it should be good.

the Vegan box from Aktars was good but I wasn’t blown away by the flavours. It all needed spicing up for my palate. The portion sizes are ridiculously huge. It would feed 8 people maybe more.

42550BBB-87DD-441B-8816-F367034F7D7D.jpeg

We’ve got the #1 Masterchef collaboration box coming from HAAR soon. If the lobster is half as good as the version I ate in the restaurant it should be good.

the Vegan box from Aktars was good but I wasn’t blown away by the flavours. It all needed spicing up for my palate. The portion sizes are ridiculously huge. It would feed 8 people maybe more.

View attachment 16932

We had the Goan lobster meal from Haar a few months ago and it was delicious. Not rubbery at all.

I’ve ordered the Tom Kerridge box for collection. Valentines is close to Paula’s birthday so we usually go out somewhere nice.. and usually the week after Valentines to avoid all the loved up couples as we’d look out of place scowling at each other across the table arguing about the kids or something....

Just joking of course.

For anyone who has ordered the Home-X / Home by Nico box for February, they've just announced the menu:

Screenshot_20210118-203150_Samsung Internet.jpg

Not sure about those sides dishes (they sound nice enough, but don't seem to go with the main to me - perhaps they'd make a decent, light lunch on their own?) but it sounds lovely. I mean really what's not to like about Belly Pork & Black Pudding followed by Trifle & a slab of good Cheddar???

Last edited:
Richard, we have this coming so thanks for posting. Looks interesting, and although I'm not normally a smoked salmon fan, I'm homing gin cured will mmmm the difference!

Northcote menu for £155 delivered
I've ordered one as not had one yet. Looking forward to it:

Half bottle of Louis Roederer Brut Champagne
The ultimate grande marque Champagne

Northcote Cheese Loaf with Butter
Allergens: G D N V (Traces of nuts from the suppliers)

Herdwick Lamb Minestrone
Vegetable Pearls, Garden Herbs
Allergens: E G A D Ce

North Sea Hake
Romantica Tomato, Lemon, Basil
Allergens: F A

Roast Chicken “Diane”
Smoked Garlic & Thyme Roasted Chicken Crown, Wild Mushrooms, Chicken Fat Onion, Hispi Cabbage
Allergens: D G A M

“Rhubarb & Custard”
Oatmeal Crumble
Allergens: D E

Four Handcrafted Northcote Lancashire Rose Chocolates

Got the Northcote email this morning and was very tempted, but we have another box arriving on the same day, so left my box for another forumite to scoop up :)

Email from Core today. They are offering home menus now as well. But £175 per person!? It does include a bottle of Heidseick NV but at that price it’s the same as the restaurant! Easy ‘no’ from me.

Email from Core today. They are offering home menus now as well. But £175 per person!? It does include a bottle of Heidseick NV but at that price it’s the same as the restaurant! Easy ‘no’ from me.

Wow. We are not in a fancy restaurant, we are not having a top chef cooking, a top sommelier pouring, not receiving any service at all really, so £350 for two for a takeaway dinner? That's 'avin a laugh!

Last edited: