NWR Silly Little Things That Annoy You

Russ
That is one aspect of Mytik corks.
Give it a couple of years though and it will be loose and squeak as it opens with a phut, as I recently experienced with a CH Brut disgorged in just 2021 :rolleyes:
I have opened in excess of five hundred mytik stoppered champagnes with two years or more years post disgorgement ageing. Not one has ever come loose, nor opened with a phut. Unsurprisingly, none has ever been corked.

Perhaps you were unlucky with your bottle.

FWIW the Charles Heidsieck ‘12 base reserve that I opened during the interregnum between Christmas and New Year had aged in a manner that would have been entirely consistent with the very best of corks. There was also a corresponding firm bead which persisted for several hours. It was mytik stoppered.

What I don’t understand is the persistent insistence that any bottle under mytik should be avoided because the closure is somehow bad. The enclosure is different from corks and has its quirks and limitations, but it does work exceedingly well as a general rule, both as a mechanical closure and as an agent for consistent development in bottle if applied correctly.

Drawing broad based conclusions that fit with a thesis on the basis of one bottle is errant nonsense.

I triggered myself by mentioning "side hustles".

So The Side Hustle. That constant "always on, always pitching" needy as fk, ballache concept of someone who just wont shut the fk up about something or another that is going to allow them to make it big. I know of one such person and I have gotten to the point that when they are in my company they are specificallyt asked not to talk about their insessant mini-projects and money making plans.

I triggered myself by mentioning "side hustles".

So The Side Hustle. That constant "always on, always pitching" needy as fk, ballache concept of someone who just wont shut the fk up about something or another that is going to allow them to make it big. I know of one such person and I have gotten to the point that when they are in my company they are specificallyt asked not to talk about their insessant mini-projects and money making plans.
I have to say I know that quite a few people who have very profitable side hustles (or indeed side hustles that became their main source of income) and I know some people who talk about their ingenious money making schemes. I can’t think of anyone who is in both categories.

My local supermarket had 7 types of pear this week, with 5 different prices - I suspect without the stickers it might be tricky for the staff...
Ah, France! It is annoying in itself that you had 7 varieties of pear in a supermarket.

One of my local ones only had one variety of plum, yet the cashier still failed to identify what was in the bag, and we had to tell her they were plums. But we were more amused than annoyed

People who don't comply with the "Please take your outside foot wear off" before enter the changing areas at swimming pools... Overshoes were formerly provided which many ignored traipsing in, on some occasions, in muddy wellies... (I'm looking at you users of the Spa in Beckenham) now near me they're no longer provided and sitting on the chairs / benches provided to take the shoes off is too much for some. So filthy changing room floors is the norm.

Pump dispensers for shower gel, shampoo, etc. In hotels.

Small plastic bottles are disappearing rapidly on supposedly environmental grounds, to be replaced by full size pump dispensers. But the pump mechanism is deliberately disabled so that one drop, with exactly the dimensions of a single puy lentil, is all that can be dispensed, once per 7 minutes.

I'm more than happy to lose those little bottles. Environmental issues aside, I can't be the only one who can't tell the difference between the conditioner and shower gel bottles without my specs once in the shower.

But hobbled dispensers must be awful. Though I've never encountered one myself, perhaps because the liquid they've contained was never particularly sought-after.

I love the way the two ”Silly Little Things” threads have an element of interchangeability…..hence I’m not entirely sure which of them this belongs on…..

IMG_6101.jpeg

Nearly thirty years on this cork is doing its job perfectly. I’ll leave it to you to surmise as to why I might be annoyed…

The fact that I applied for a Bali visa last week entirely online, filling in a form & attaching a .jpg photo. All good. 21st century, even.
But when we have to renew our own kids' AU passports (@ usurious price for a 5-yr document) you must fill-in an on-line form, then PRINT IT OUT and take manual/hard copy photos to a post office to lodge it.
wtf? Is it just a little scam to keep generating income for offices taking the photos?
And keeping post office staff busy?
Why on earth can't I upload the photo myself after filling the form online?
Makes me wonder how annoyingly Colonel Blimp-like is the process to apply for an AU visa. I dread to think.