NWR Silly little things that delight you

A colleague who confused himself this week whilst trying to say we'll look at the individual work requests and apply rough order of magnitude estimates to a get a feel for the total effort that will be required...

He merged "t shirt sizing" and "wet finger in the air" and came up with "wet t shirt sizing"... The transition to crimson started about 8 milliseconds later...

Total lower league football _ I was at a proper "scrapping the barrel" relegation 6 pointer today - Sutton v Grimsby.

Awful ground? Tick
Dodgy pitch? Tick.
Low quality football? Tick tick tick
Dodgy ref? Tick
Dodgy Linesman? Tick.
An undercurrenct of menace hanging in the air after a last minute equaliser? Tick.
Grown men acting like children? Tick.

What more - I even got chatting to the guy who nornally dresses up as grimsby's mascot. I've found out stuff I never even knew I didn't not know.

Total lower league football _ I was at a proper "scrapping the barrel" relegation 6 pointer today - Sutton v Grimsby.

Awful ground? Tick
Dodgy pitch? Tick.
Low quality football? Tick tick tick
Dodgy ref? Tick
Dodgy Linesman? Tick.
An undercurrenct of menace hanging in the air after a last minute equaliser? Tick.
Grown men acting like children? Tick.

What more - I even got chatting to the guy who nornally dresses up as grimsby's mascot. I've found out stuff I never even knew I didn't not know.

Not the same since Sutton lost the Roly Poly Goalie. Seeing the Lillywhites beat Sutton was marvellous.

High quality metal hangers. About 40 p each - don't bend and break like the annoying free ones from the drycleaner, don't snap or take up as much room as the plastic ones. Every time I take a shirt from the wardrobe they raise a smile.

So my new Samsung mobile doesn't have a headphone jack and I have lots of earphones of decent quality, and a simple connector jack-USB was a bit unsatisfactory. Called excellent hifiheadphones to discuss best wireless headphone options and an enthusiastic chap took me through the pros and cons of wireless, then suggested a new connector for my old earphones with inbuilt DAC (please don't confuse me with a tech expert) made by GO link which gives remarkably good sound for these old ears. Cheaper than new earphones of course. (No connection etc - no pun intended)

Not to cat-jack the thread, but I was never, ever a cat lover. This little beauty has completely stolen my heart though - even though we co-parent her with her real owners (also neighbours and great friends!). I can't think of a more calming and comforting creature, even though I suspect most people think that of their pets :)