Tennants Fine Wine & Whisky Auction - 5th March

Discussion in 'Commercial Noticeboard' started by Mark Littler, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Hi again,

Just a quick note to say that the next wine sale is this Saturday - I know some of you get the catalogues for this sale but for those who don't you can view the catalogue online here: http://www.tennants.co.uk/Catalogue/Sales/514.aspx

There is the typical mix of French wines but with a good dollop of Italian and Spanish wines - these have come from a surgeon who is being forced to downsize his cellar. They have all been very well cellared. The 'Rest of World' wines are lots 2137-2184 and include:

• Tenuta San Guido Sassicaia Bolgheri 2010, Tuscany, Italy, owc (twelve bottles)
    • Tenuta San Guido Sassicaia Bolgheri 2012, Tuscany, Italy, half case, owc (six bottles)
    • Vega Sicilia Tinto Valbuena 5 1995, Ribera del Duero, Spain (x11) (eleven bottles)
    • Casanova di Neri Tenuta Nuova 2004, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG (x12) (twelve bottles) - SOLD IN BOND
    • Vega Sicilia Unico Reserva Especial (1994-1999-2000), Ribera del Duero, Spain (x3) (three bottles)
    From the same vendor is a good collection of wines we are selling in bond (Vinotheque) and include four offerings of d'Yquem, a half case of Grange 2005 and a case of Lynch Bages 2006 amongst others.

For anyone with a wedding imminent there is a Nebuchadnezzar of Pol Roger in at £400-600.

The oldest clarets in the sale are 23 bottles of Chateau Latour 1937 which I took out of two OWC before the sale (one cork had failed so hence the 23). These came from the same cellar of the Nebuchadnezzar of PR. I have not put my head above the parapet with these and left them without estimates. They are to be sold without reserve (like a lot of the sale) and are grouped according to levels.

Any questions please ask or drop an email to mark.littler@tennants-ltd.co.uk

2045.jpg