Unbreakable wine glasses?

Discussion in 'UK Wine Forum' started by Thom Blach, Dec 6, 2018.

1. I sent my daughter off to university this year with some sturdy glasses, but not only they but all the others in her house are no more. Can anyone recommend any of the unbreakable options?

2. I don't know what type you bought her Thom. When sailing I use kwarx glasses - specifically ones from the chef & sommelier range. Not as stylish as a reidel of zalto, but they have fine rims ,and a decent shape, and wines show and drink well from them. They suffer the slings and arrows of use afloat well. Dropped from table to floor without breaking, but they are not indestructible. They will break if dropped from 2 meters onto a hard surface - don't ask me how I know this

3. I had some Chef and Sommelier glasses for a while that I bought at Caves de Pyrene and they were pretty tough.

4. We’re!?

5. Can't they drink their Piat d'Or out of plastic tooth mugs like any self-respecting student :p.

Alex Jagger likes this.
  6. Pack of straws or a funnel might be best.

7. Will try some Chef and Sommelier. I expect they will be sorely tested.

Alex Jagger likes this.
  8. I've been drinking out of Winestar glasses for years and seen them cope with some terrible treatment. Not unbreakable by any means, but toughened - and pretty darn tough.

Thom Blach likes this.