NWR What films have you been watching?

A very, very long trip home on three separate flights, the longest being 13 hours, so plenty of movies, snacks, food, and glasses of wine:

All Sorts (2021) - written & directed by J Rick Castenada.
I Love My Dad (2022) - directed by James Morosini, and a starring role.
7 Days (2021) - directed by Roshan Sethi.
Nowhere Special (2020) - written, directed & produced by Umberto Pasolini.
She`s The Eldest (2021) - written & directed by Cate Jones, and a starring role.
The Only One (2021) - directed by Noah Gilbert.
About Us (2020) - directed by Stephen Schwartz.
Language Lessons (2021) - written & directed by Natalie Morales, and a starring role.
The Worst Person in the World (2022) - directed by Joachim Trier.
Islands (2021) - written & directed by Martin Edralin.

Longs flights are a good way to catch up on new films.

A very, very long trip home on three separate flights, the longest being 13 hours, so plenty of movies, snacks, food, and glasses of wine:

She`s The Eldest (2021) - written & directed by Cate Jones, and a starring role.
Language Lessons (2021) - written & directed by Natalie Morales, and a starring role.

Which of these can you recommend?

Glass Onion - OK, but not as good as Knives Out (might need to watch GO again).
West Side Story (Spielberg version) - Very good (wife and son preferred it to the original), but why do directors want to remake a movie in almost exactly the same way as the original (down to replicating some scenes, camera angles, etc.)?
Everything, Everywhere, All at once - Completely bonkers with a superfluous multiverse theme that when the movie is over makes you think “why on earth did they bother with the whole multiverse thing?”
Casablanca - Perfect.
Cleopatra - Completely over the top “historical epic”, overlong but a wonderful way to recover from a late NYE on New Years Day!

Glass Onion - OK, but not as good as Knives Out (might need to watch GO again).
West Side Story (Spielberg version) - Very good (wife and son preferred it to the original), but why do directors want to remake a movie in almost exactly the same way as the original (down to replicating some scenes, camera angles, etc.)?
Everything, Everywhere, All at once - Completely bonkers with a superfluous multiverse theme that when the movie is over makes you think “why on earth did they bother with the whole multiverse thing?”
Casablanca - Perfect.
Cleopatra - Completely over the top “historical epic”, overlong but a wonderful way to recover from a late NYE on New Years Day!
Cleopatra was good. The acting was of a very good calibre.

Half an hour in to The Menu on Disney+
I think it will appeal to many on here for a variety of reasons. I have no idea how it will develop but very amusing so far….rapidly getting very dark and twisted

Last edited:

Which of these can you recommend?
Hi Jonathan,

On such a long journey, and the variety of choices, I pretty much appreciated all the films, having chosen them based on watching the trailer and how I felt at the time. However if I was to choose the ones I liked best among these ten films I would say these are them:

Language Lessons,
I love my Dad,
About Us,
Nowhere Special and, with a wine theme,
The Only One.

Cheers ........................... Mahmoud.

Mahmoud.

Hi Jonathan,

On such a long journey, and the variety of choices, I pretty much appreciated all the films, having chosen them based on watching the trailer and how I felt at the time. However if I was to choose the ones I liked best among these ten films I would say these are them:

Language Lessons,
I love my Dad,
About Us,
Nowhere Special and, with a wine theme,
The Only One.

Cheers ........................... Mahmoud.

Mahmoud.
Thank you

A cable channel had THX 1138 on the other night and, having heard about it in my youth, thought I should get on board. Not a easy movie but interesting on many levels. Apparently George Lucas' first full length film and based on something he made when in college.