(2023) A blend of 80% Sangiovese, with ancient indigenous Tuscan varieties including Abrusco, Pugnitello, Malvasia Nera, Ciliegiolo, and Mazzese making up the remaining 20%.  The wines was aged for 24 months, 50% in large Slavonian oak casks , 50% in 225-and 500-litre French oak. Some lovely bloody and earthy, leathery notes here, but not at the expense of fruit. That is sweet on the nose and infused with tobacco and perfumed, incense and fresh cherry notes. Lovely mouthfeel, medium-bodied and juicy, then a very strict tannin and acid axis shears through the flesh of the mid-palate. This is so grippy at this stage, and needs time - perhaps five years - but has great concentration and structure.
(2022) There are more than 20 varieties grown in Trentino, but among the native grapes, Lagrein has developed a small international reputation. It is a member of the Syrah family, and here gives a very deep, vibrant colour, a touch of smokiness and violet, the palate very smooth, with a buoyancy of ripe, sweet fruits, almost strawberry notes of sweetness among more tart and linear berry flavours. Nice spice and firmness of tannins, and very good acidity, add up to a very drinkable red.
(2016) When is a Sherry not a Sherry? The answer is when the brilliant Equipo Navazos take a Manzanilla, don't fortify it, but instead make an intensely nutty and salty white wine. Unique stuff with lemon zestiness and fantastic, bone-dry clarity and alacrity.
(2016) From an old solera of the Valdespino house, Equipo Navazos has bottled this fabulous Fino, a rare single vineyard wine from this region. Intense perfume of walnut and meatiness, almost painful intensity onto the palate - an experience more than a flavour, but glorious with a bowl of olives or salted almonds, the finish thrillingly fresh and salty - and long.
(2016) There's a really pleasing herb and nettle touch to this wine, fermented with ambient yeasts, adding a little hint of wildness to lovely pert fruit and shimmering lemon fresh acidity. A clear and bright example of lovely quality.
(2016) Quite a lifted nose, violetty and a touch sappy, with some olivey characters and a plush red fruit. Smooth tannins, long and creamy, with a smoothing creamy oak.
(2016) Quite high and a little fresh green aroma, wintergreen, with cardomon and liquorice, an ashy quality, highly aromatic. With a silkiness and bold cherry and cassis sweet fruit. Dry tannins and a juicy freshness.