(2021) A Malbec from the Uco Valley of Mendoza in Argentina, this is a big, dark and plummy wine with some spicy fruit cake character and a hint of chocolate. That, says its producers, makes it a perfect candidate as a mulled wine base. On offer at £7.00 at time of review. Watch the video for more information.
- 4 tablespoons of caster sugar
- 1 orange peel and juice
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 1 bottle of Graffigna Genuine Collection Malbec
- dash of brandy (optional)
How to make:
- All ingredients into a pan and heat on a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 30 minutes, letting the spices and wine infuse.
- hen ready to serve, warm through, but don’t let it boil. Ladle into mugs or heatproof glasses and add a dash of sloe gin or brandy to each cup.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, star anise and orange slice.