NWR The new "What are we listening to?" thread

Listening to the newly released Carter USM box set of 1992 complete with a full audio of the Glastonbury 1992 set - great stuff.
I was there for that set. Have to admit it was a bit underwhelming at the time. And Primal Scream was in full Screamadelica mode on the Pyramid stage at the same time - one of my all-time gig regrets is choosing Carter over the Primals that night.

Also in honour of Australia Day, we went to KoKo to watch G-flip, very vibrant Australian LGBTQ+ advocate who played drums, keyboards and Spinal type style guitar along with strong vocals. Rammed venue, huge enthusiasm for mainly anthemic positivity. Fun gig and a commendable 90 minutes, audience howled their approval.
20240125_213434.jpg

Teddy Swims - majestic album - Joe Cocker with an a degree of softness
Agreed,
We had just found this artist via the single that is currently in the charts.
Thank you for mentioning the album, it is just what we need right now.
Evidently this is the first part of a multi album series.
For some reason when he gets the beat going I am reminded of CeeLo Greene, which is not a pairing I would expect to reference over to Joe Cocker, but just….. Wow!

Agreed,
We had just found this artist via the single that is currently in the charts.
Thank you for mentioning the album, it is just what we need right now.
Evidently this is the first part of a multi album series.
For some reason when he gets the beat going I am reminded of CeeLo Greene, which is not a pairing I would expect to reference over to Joe Cocker, but just….. Wow!
I get the CeeLo Greene reference - the first album "Sleep is Exhausting" is equally brilliant. On the new album I really like "Flame" and "Suitcase". As I also like Chris Stapleton and Luke Combs must be that slight gravel that appeals to me

Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers.

I kid you not. That's the name of the band. One of my friend's daughters plays in the band and they are presently on tour around the UK. In fact they're in London on Friday and Saturday night. Shows — Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers

The girls all grew up together here in Canberra and went to the same school. Talking to one of them she said that they never really practised their instruments until they decided to form a band! ❤️

I saw them play a small gig, just before Christmas, for friends and family and I've got to say, it was such good fun. They are energetic, funny and can really rock. The banter between songs can be hilarious, such as when they introduced the next song as "their Year 10 music project".

Enjoy.

Ronnie James Dio when with Heaven & Hell (Sabbath Mk???? possibly version 22) as it was the first concert I took my eldest to way back in the time machine - I think he was 8 or 10 (I can't find a video from the London concert). Thankfully both the boys (not my daughter tho) still listen to classic rock. Reminiscing really but goes to show that I still love everything related to Black Sabbath although I was advised back in the 70s as a child that I was going through a phase (how wrong were my parents!!!). Listening, they certainly get me through my recent s#itty times. R'n'R

Sprints and English Teacher last night - both really good, an energetic edge to Sprints. Both bands turn out to quite lovely people based on short interactions - and it was fun to see them out at the front enjoying each others performaces!