NWR Cricket

I recommend you watch the Fox superb tribute to the great man on YouTube. Nearly two hours with contributions from many of his former team mates and celebrity friends . Did not appreciate how much work he did for children’s charities .

In 2019 at the 5th Test at The Oval, my son and wife went out back just after lunch to grab some additional water supplies whilst I carried on with my patriotic duties. Whilst doing so they noticed Warnie queuing up for some fish and chips during one of his breaks from commentary. There were plenty of English fans asking if he would do a selfie with them, but they received a polite but firm “oh, come on guys… I’m just trying to get something to eat!”, until he noticed a young sixteen year old proudly dressed in his Australian kit in the throng. He immediately laughed “Yeah come on, I’ll do one with you though!”
I sat near the commentary box at the Hobart test recently. After his tea-time on-field report he came back to the gate, then prepared to walk up through the grandstand to the box door. Took him five minutes, and it's only 20-30 metres. Anyone who wanted a selfie got one then.

I sat near the commentary box at the Hobart test recently. After his tea-time on-field report he came back to the gate, then prepared to walk up through the grandstand to the box door. Took him five minutes, and it's only 20-30 metres. Anyone who wanted a selfie got one then.
No Poms and no food on offer!

Do you think England might consider reversing their batting order in the 2nd innings? The bottom 4 have scored way more than the top 7. Certainly better than the Pakistan tail.
My Pakistani mate was sledging me via WhatsApp 2 hours ago. Not heard anything from him for a while!
I was at an Italian wine-tasting in Beaune (vinous parochialism still alive & kicking here, though) & thus avoided following the carnage.:)

Last edited:
Yes it appears that the Dukes ball travels nearly as badly as Chris Woakes.
Should have seen the state of the ball in the Lahore test. It was reversing after ten or twelve overs for both teams. Wicket was like sandpaper it seems….

You've probably already heard that we won that particular one.